Wayne McKenzie's art emanates a laid back confidence that is a reflection of his Australian upbringing. With loose brushwork and bold use of color, he brings a unique perspective to the contemporary North American art world. Wayne's strong sense of design is derived from the Aboriginal art of his native Australia. His paintings are a visual journey that allows the essence of his subject matter to come to life.
Wayne McKenzie divides his time between his studios in Lake Tahoe, California and Telluride, Colorado, where he participates in the annual Plein Air Festival along side some of the most respected artists in the country. His work appears in private collections throughout North America, Europe and Australasia. Wayne has appeared in various publications throughout the United States. He was most recently honored as a feature artist in the hardcover book "Best of Artists-Oil-Global edition" by Kennedy Publishing.
Renowned art critic Susan Viebrock, wrote "Anyone who doesn't love a McKenzie, must have a low opinion of joy....big personality, big work" and went on to describe his work as having, "a delightful sense of movement, vibration and exuberance."
- Semi Finalist, Plein Air Salon presented by Plein Air Magazine
- 1st Place, California Art Clubs "Waterscapes" Exhibition, Altadena, CA
- 1st Place, Holiday Treasures Salon, Debra Huse Gallery, Newport, CA
- 1st Place, Small Works Exhibition, Art Beat on Main Street, Vista, CA
- 3rd Place, Artists Choice Award, Randy Higbee Gallery, Costa Mesa, CA
- Honorable Mention, Carmel Plein Air Festival, Carmel, CA
- 3rd Place, Artists Choice Award, Telluride Plein Air Festival, Telluride, CO